Copper Knot WIP
There’s a painting I’ve been wanting to re-do for a while now. I started the original because I had a lot of leftover orange paint from a previous painting. What a terrible reason to start a painting! Anyway, I’d been wanting to do something with a knot that I’ve been toying with for years. (I was playing with it in 2013.) I wanted to make the knot the star of the show rather than it being used to frame or decorate something. I ended up with something a bit seventies; somebody even called it “funky”.
Ever since I finished the painting, I’ve been wanting to paint out the orange ring. Also, I had wanted the central knot to look 3D but it never happened. On the plus side, I like the colours in the outer stripes, they remind me of ice cream somehow. So, what have I been up to. Well, rather than slap some more paint over the top I thought I’d try out some ideas in Manga Studio. Here’s pretty much the original colour scheme but with a 3D knot using my newly-acquired skills at imitating old copper.And here’s where I’ve tried to limit the colour palette slightly and add some texture.