I’ve been working on my second piece for the Mayo Artists’ Show (the first one being the magpie). Originally I was going to do some origami but the paper weaving bug hasn’t finished with me yet. I’ve been working on a couple of ideas. The first one is a continuation of the paper weaving I started with in July. Here are some photos of the work in progress.
A wonderfully kind friend from Japan recently sent me some beautiful washi paper. I wanted to use this to make the snail pattern. However, I found that, as I’ve found before, less is more. When I wove two patterned pieces together the result was a mess (even without the camera shake):
Even before it’s woven, the washi looks fantastic:
Here’s the second idea I’ve started working on: