Origami Binge Running Out of Steam
I started two more models from the book by Meenakshi Mukerji. The first photo shows the inside of the “whipped cream star” model when it was just over half built. I had to use glue again. The pieces would probably have stayed locked together better if I had made the units from bigger rectangles. However, I wanted to see if I could make it small. The finished model (second photo) is about the size of a billiard ball.
The other model I started making (third photo) was from the same book but it was by a guest writer called Tanya Vysochina. The model is called Lily of the Nile and is really beautiful. Unfortunately, the instructions on how to make it are a little sketchy. There are virtually no clues on how to put the units together into the shape of an icosahedron. As you can see, I was making some progress but I started getting frustrated. I had decided to use small units for this one too and that meant it was getting very fiddly. Also, the paper I used is not very good and the blue dye was coming off onto my fingers. It was starting to not be fun any more so I’ve given up on it for now.
I have no more models planned except for the big “Golden Venture” model which I am still making units for. I think my binge is exhausted.